At St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, Global Studies is infused throughout all aspects of student experiences. Through their courses, co-curricular activities, international travel opportunities, and relationships with partner schools, students develop a global awareness and appreciation, helping them become knowledgeable and caring citizens of the world.
Global competency skills are emphasized in all divisions. Students learn to investigate and analyze world issues, communicate their ideas, value different perspectives, and take action to positively change the world.
At St. Andrew’s, Global Studies is:
- Integrated throughout the curriculum
- A robust program of experiential learning
- Geographically and culturally diverse experiences in all grade levels
- An opportunity for students to explore horizons outside of their geographic locations
- A unique program which develops student leaders
- Building relationships with peers from partner schools around the world
- An opportunity for students to serve their local, national, and global communities
- Open and accessible to all students
- Part of the mission of the school